Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I need advise on good books?

I started a new job recently, and basically i sit and read all day. I need some good ideas for books. I like almost anything.I need advise on good books?
In romance fiction, I would recommend anything by Jennifer Crusie and Julia Quinn. In horror/suspense I would recommend The Door to December and The Taking both by Dean Koontz (if you *really* like horror, try Brian Lumley's Necroscope series), in mystery I would recommend Sue Grafton's alphabet series, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, James Patterson's Alex Cross series, or anything by Jonathan Kellerman or Mary Higgins Clark. Anne Rice's Vampire series and Ramses novel are both great. For pure fun, you can't go wrong with Tim Dorsey's Florida books and Lawrence Sander's McNally series. Hope that helps!I need advise on good books?
PS I love you by Cecelia Ahern is good


Some good thriller authors are: Lisa Jackson, Iris Johansen, Julie Garwood, Harlan Coben, James Patterson, and Tess Gerritsen.





Sopshie Kinsella and the shopaholic series is pretty good. My rule of thumb is 50 pages, if I can't get into it by then it's time for a new book
Dune by Frank Herbert


Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card


Thurman Munson: A Baseball Biography (Paperback)


by Christopher Devine (Author)





Tony Lazzeri: A Baseball Biography
you should definetely read ERAGON and ELDEST
the pendragon series and cirque du freak series are my favorite they have alot of twists and a good plot
Like wow i have no idea . . . . . . . but you can try Twilight (romance/suspence)
Wow... with such a broad place to go with I don't know where to start!





Some books that take a while but are fascinating in the non-fiction arena are Geography of Nowhere and Home from Nowhere by Kunstler. They're technically urban design, but they're riviting. I might be biased...





If you don't mind sex and violence, I love the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop.





I've heard nothing but raves about George R.R. Martin and Naomi Novik.





I just bought a few books I loved that are random but here you go:


Through Violet Eyes by Stephen Woodworth


Dragons of the Cuyahoga by S. Andrew Swann


Bellweather by Connie Willis





Other non-fiction I've been enjoying:


Rethinking Thin by Gina Kolata


Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink


Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert





Hope something on there catches your eye!





BTW-Where do I get your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment