Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Need advise on how to handle a deployment?

this is my first deployment and its going fine. im okay with everything but my wife is taking it very hard. is it normal for her to feel this way? i need some advise on how to help her get through it. and i find myself sounding alittle controlling because im not there. any tipsNeed advise on how to handle a deployment?
I am an army wife and my husband is currently deployed to Iraq. It is completely normal and the best advice I can give you is that no one gets through a deployment gracefully you cry and you cry some more. I try to keep myself busy and that seems to help but I am also seeing a therapist and that helps alot too. There are many resources that the army offers I don't know about any other military services but I do know here where I live (Killeen/Ft. Hood) there are many place a spouse can go to get support. So, tell her to stay strong. I don't normally do this but if she needs someone to talk to my email is melanie_vyvial@yahoo.com. I will be glad to talk to her because I know how hard it is. I have had to call friends when I get lonely and go hang out with them. She just needs to surround herself with friends and family and a support system. Also tell her to look into FRG family readiness group that is what they are set up for. Now mind you that this is coming from what I know which is army so I don't know about any other branch of the military. Good luckNeed advise on how to handle a deployment?
Im currenty going through my third deployment, but I remember my first as if it was yesterday. She needs to know that you will miss her, she needs to know that you are as sad as her about being away from each other in a hostile enviroment for so long. Are you gone already and do you have any kids? I would not have gotten through any of them without my kids (even though I am going insane) they keep the house full of life!!! Does she work? If not tell her to get a part time job, That really helped me pass time this go around. She will be Ok. Just takes time to get use to a change in daily lives.
She going to suffer from separation anxiety and fear for your safety.





Tell her you love her, show her you love her, and remain in constant contact, as far as your situation will allow.





Might help to speak to wives of others who have gone before you. A woman can explain and support another woman in such matters in ways a man can't.





Thanks for the service to your country.
Well its hard when there is a big love bond between u both, but anything can be done by understanding, u to understand her feelings and the bad time she is in, give her time to understand that, and she need to help u with that to pass.








_K_
aw, yeah what she is feeling is normal. God bless you and your family, Take care!!!! wish i could be more help but i wouldn't know anything about this..

No comments:

Post a Comment