Monday, August 23, 2010

How do i advise a friend?

she had a boyfriend who insisted of having sex without using a condom ,so to avoid getting pregnant she started using the pills .When she stoppped using the pills she has been having heavy virginal excreations and they were diffrent in colour .She recently went to hospital and was told to see a gynacologist something she really is opposed to .She claims it is just a side effect from using the pills but im fearing she could be infected any gynacologist reading this please tell me could this be a serois case which my dear buddy is just joking around with .what would you reccomend me to do coz i've tried to convinse her go to see a gynacologist but she just snobbs me and thinks im trying to create a mountain from an anthill!How do i advise a friend?
I am not sure. Just tell her wait and if it is really bad tell her or force her to go see a womens health place in the hospital or the gynacologist.How do i advise a friend?
I'm a GYN. Your friend needs to see a gyn. This could be a number of different things, up to and including withdraw from the pill. I do think she needs a full exam including a PAP just to be sure. I'm sorry I can't help more but she really does need an exam. Maybe you can convince her to see your GYN or you could go with her for support. Maybe she is just afraid of a vaginal exam because she's never had one before? Just reassure her (without sounding like you're attacking or insisting) and offer to go to the doctors with her.





If your friend doesn't have insurance, there are places such as the Health Department or Planned Parenthood. There is always a way to get a free GYNO exam.





People need good friends like yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment