Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am considering visting Spain for the first time. Please advise which city (Madrid or Barcelona) is best .?

I do not speak spanish. Also, I am trying to do a reasonable trip. Do they have all inclusive resorts? If so, which one would you recommend? Also, what would be the best airlines to travel (with large seats and reasonalbe rates)?I am considering visting Spain for the first time. Please advise which city (Madrid or Barcelona) is best .?
I have never been to Spain but I know people that have (friends, family, etc.). I have always heard that Barcelona is beautiful and Madrid is ok.


I don't know about resorts. Have you consulted with a travel agent? This is where I think talking with one would be most informative. You don't necessarily have to book with them. Tell them you need to think it over.I am considering visting Spain for the first time. Please advise which city (Madrid or Barcelona) is best .?
I have never been in Madrid, but i was in Barcelona some times. No doubt, that Madrid is wonderful city and it's a capital of Spain. But Barcelona is amazing too. I love this city. Also, Barcelona have a sea, so u can swim there. not far from Barcelona (about 2 hours by car) that is a famous park of entertainments ';Port Aventura';. Also, there are a lot of sights, shops and different entertainments like zoo, aquarium in Barcelona.


I went to Salou for have a rest. it's a tourist space, where there are a clear sea and port Aventura. it's about 2 hours from Barcelona.
go to spain and visit them both ..... what is a litle bus ride anyway
I lived in Spain and both cities offer a different vibe. If you want to see many cities in Spain, you should stay in Madrid. It is centrally located and you can be anywhere in Spain in less than 8 hours. You can even be in Lisbon in 8 hours or so by train. It will be very difficult to find an all inclusive resort. i really do suggest that you not go that route. You will miss alot of the culture and food. Breakfast for most europeans is just coffee with toast or a yogurt. I would not count on much more from a hotel. Go out and have your meals, it is not expensive to eat out in Spain. I've traveled on British Airways several times to Europe and I enjoyed the service and seats. Air France is also quite nice. Good luck and safe travels.
If this is your 1st trip to spain, I would recommend Madrid. It has a more '; traditional Spanish'; feel to it. Barcelona is nice, but it is more cosmopolitan/european. Thinking of doing both? You didn't mention how long you plan to stay, if it's only a week or so, pick one area and see that one well. Otherwise, you'll see tons but won't remember them when you get home. Also, from Madrid, you can easily make side trips to other beautiful towns: Toledo, Segovia etc.
You didn't mention when you were going? But it depends on what you like.


Madrid has many beautiful fountains and is inland. It seems not to have as many tourist and is centrally located. Some speak English but most speak Spanish so it s more rooted in the customs.


Barcelona is great too. Good transportation systems and you can take the metro to the Beach or take a train further out to another city by the Beach. Tapas are mostly seafood in Barcelona.


Hard to say both have a lot to offer.
Hi,





I think Barcelona will do you more than Madrid. The Las ramblas areas is the best to visit in Barcelona other than this you can enjoy visiting museums and beaches.








Visit this site to get more information of Barcelona http://www.bcn.es/turisme/english/turism鈥?/a>





Are you looking for a hotel in Barcelona? just visit this site which offers more hotels in Barcelona, You can book online cheap rates, http://roomsnet.com/barcelona_hotels/

No comments:

Post a Comment