Thursday, August 19, 2010

Looking for advise on allergies and getting a HEPA Air Purifier?

My son has allergies and the doc is reconmending an air purifier.Do they work, would you reconmend getting one? Not sure what I am looking for when it comes to features on them and don't know what brands are good. Also I have heard about people installing some sort of purifier on their furnace. How much does this cost and does it work? Looking for any thoughts or advise. thanksLooking for advise on allergies and getting a HEPA Air Purifier?
I've never tried an air purifier. I have a humidifier, and I find that it does a pretty good job. I might recommend trying that first, because you can find small ones that can just go right beside his bed. The small humidifiers tend to cost less than air purifiers and are really easy to use. My doctor recommended that I try a humidifier first and that if it wasn't helping enough to get an air purifier also, but I've found that the humidifier is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment