Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can you advise me on what this could be?

Im 25 weeks pregnant and have soreness from my lower calf down into my feet. I also have the same feeling in my wrists with tingling at times? Do you know what this is and what causes it? Thanks for any information.Can you advise me on what this could be?
The soreness in the lower calves and tingling in the hands could be due to circulation oddities due to your pregnancy, or due to water/fluid retention. The total blood volume increases during pregnancy, giving you all sorts of oddball cramps, tingles and even small spots of red from enlarged capillaries. The best person to mention this to is you OB, who can check it all out and eliminate a major medical problem. If you are also noticing increased swelling of the ankles or fingers, you might want to make that visit here soon, in the next few days. It's not an emergency, but it would need some attention.Can you advise me on what this could be?
the fluid thing, or also common is carpal tunnel in the hands, could also affect the leg i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment