Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need advise, what state has more job opportunities? Where should I move?

I just moved from Dallas, Tx 9 months ago for my 80yr old aging mom, but because she is (170lbs and I am 110lbs)over weight and keeps falling, we have decided to admit her in nursing home, right now I am in Chicago and cannot handle the city life, because I am used to suburban life and I find it hard.


Well! I have a decision to make, either settle down here in ILLINOIS or move to a diffent state?


My stuff is in PubSt for last 9 mths, besides I am single, I have to start from scratch find a place and a job, before I do that, I would like your opinion, which state has more job opportunities? all I do is Cust Service job, at call centers, please give me some good suggestions, and help me out, I consider you guys like my family %26amp; my best friends, you'll have been very supportive, please advise, should I stay here or move out of state? I am very worried, deepressed and lost sleep over this.Need advise, what state has more job opportunities? Where should I move?
Like the other reader stated earlier, there are customer service jobs everywhere, so I don't think you would have a problem finding a job.


Don't sell yourself short though. Set your sites higher. Think about returning to school to further your education, and to get a better career. There are many scholarships out there, as well as financial aid, to help pay for college.


You do need the support of family and friends, so look in places where you have that support.


Before you move though, I would consider other factors besides the job. Consider the climate, the cost of living, affordable housing, etc. Customer service jobs pay hardly anything so you need to move to a place where it is relatively inexpensive.


Do a google search for most available jobs, and cost of living. Base your decision on that information.


Good luck.Need advise, what state has more job opportunities? Where should I move?
Customer service jobs are everywhere. My major concern would be where you know people - it's hard to start over all by yourself. Do you have friends anywhere? Consider moving near them.





That said, Come to Hershey PA - we're a big tourist spot and always looking for people with customer service experience. And we have chocolate! (Ok, so I'm biased because I live here, but places with big tourist industries really are looking for people with customer service experience.)
For the 'Top 10' fastest growing states, go West or South, young man. Most everybody, including home buyers, etc. seems to be doing it. Nevada for the 19th straight year in a row is growing the fastest. This was followed by Arizona, Idaho, Florida, and Utah. Being 'sick' of the city life and having a desire for the suburbs is a dream for many people and almost anyplace in Idaho would be my top choice for you. Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, and of course Utah's quality of life is greatly influanced by the LDS Church ('Mormons') so if you come here be prepared for what they have to offer (even singles).





Of course what brings most people are JOBS. Search those places and I think you will find favorable wages and a good qualifty of life.





Good luck in your quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment