Monday, August 23, 2010

I work in a group home and i need some advise?

I work with DD adults and one of my clients has a habbit of smearing feces. the problem is that his room smells of it all the time. we have tried everything from hasrh chemicals to cleam it and getting antibacterial paint for his room to get rid of the smell. does anyone know of a method to remove the smell or products that will bolck the smell from seeping into the walls and floor? we have linoliumed his floor and painted and repainted his room. please helpI work in a group home and i need some advise?
Vinegar will help but fresh air is a must.I work in a group home and i need some advise?
Well, I work in a dementia ward at the hospital and we have this problem once in a while. However, since it is only an occasional problem, we just use cleaning supplies and an odor neutralizer to combat the smell. I have heard stories from a lady who has been working there since the 70's and they had a patient who constantly did this. They ended up redoing the whole room after he was moved to a psychiatric ward because the smell was so bad.





I know I didn't help you, but maybe you should talk to your local hospital about the problem and they may have some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment