Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Curious for next year. Want to lend me your advise?

I was wandering if during the late spring to early fall period could I put my corys in my 125 gallon pond if my pond fish aren't to big. I live in Tennessee so it rarely will have a tenperature spike. thx for your advise in advance.Curious for next year. Want to lend me your advise?
If your pond fish are Koi or Goldfish then this is a big nono (and besides, Koi need 600 gallon plus ponds anyway). While the fish may be small now, they will grow.





These large mouthed fish are notorious for trying to eat smaller slower-moving fish, that includes Corydoras. I've seen many stories of Goldfish trying to hoover a Cory, that Cory then using its defensive fin spines and getting lodged in the Goldfish's mouth, Corys are then capable of releasing a toxin which will kill both fish and potentially any fish in the immediate area too.





Bad idea!Curious for next year. Want to lend me your advise?
No, they are not pond fish really... they need heated water, and a stable water quality, but with a pond, you never know whats flying in, peeing, pooing in their. Goldfish and Koi are a bit more stable, so they handle it a bit better(:
  • colorsilk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment