Thursday, July 29, 2010

I just got my dog from the pound 7 days ago. She has been coughing and is now vomiting, any advise?

I have two other dogs, when I got my last dog the vet told me all about kennel cough, he told me not to worry too much, that there is no cure (just like a cold, it has to run it's course) but this one is vomiting... has anyone dealt with this?I just got my dog from the pound 7 days ago. She has been coughing and is now vomiting, any advise?
Kudos to you for adopting a needy puppy from the pound. Whenever I get a new puppy, the first thing I do is take him to the vet for a check-up and get him started on his shots. Most all puppies have worms, and most, you can't see. I would get him to the vet to get him checked over, and find out the cause of the cough and vomiting, so he can be treated for it.I just got my dog from the pound 7 days ago. She has been coughing and is now vomiting, any advise?
If you haven't addressed the vomitting to the VET you should. The dog might be sick and you'll have a big medical bill in exchange for not addressing it in time. When you rescue a dog or cat from the pound you have a certain amount of time before they (the pound) can actually fix the problem cause they give you a certain amount of time to address any illnesses.





Hope this helps.



Yeah my puppy came with a kennel cough too, 3 weeks and 2 grand later after being told he had a 80% to live he had multiple seizures in a day, and I had to have him put down. Great puppy too.





Do some research on distemper.
Call the vet because your pound pup may infect the ones you already have with something.
vet!!!!!!!!!!! now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment